Membership statistics (record date 31th March 2019)
- Doctoral candidates in total: 514
- 460 doctoral candidates not working within a programme
- 2 doctoral candidates within the doctoral programme Humanities VI: Philologies
- 2 doctoral candidates within the doctoral programme Humanities VII: Linguistics
- 1 doctoral candidates within the doctoral programme Behavior & Cognition
- 49 doctoral candidates working within the doctoral programme for Theology
- 465 members are doctoral candidates at the Faculty of Humanities (approx. 90%).
- 49 members are doctoral candidates at the Faculty of Theology (approx. 10%).
- 161 members do not have German nationality (approx. 31%).
- Gender relation: 200 males (approx. 39%) und 314 females (approx. 61%).
- The doctoral candidates (“Junior Members“) are supervised by 483 “Senior Members“, 244 of which are members of the University of Göttingen (approx. 51 %).
Between 1st January and 31th March 2019, 17 members of the Faculty of Humanities finished their doctorate with the grades (dissertation) summa cum laude (5), magna cum laude (10), and cum laude (2). In the same period, two members of the Faculty of Theology finished their doctorate with the grade summa cum laude.