Membership statistics (record date 30th June 2019)
- Doctoral candidates in total: 500
- 450 doctoral candidates not working within a programme
- 3 doctoral candidates within the doctoral programme Humanities VI: Philologies
- 1 doctoral candidates within the doctoral programme Behavior & Cognition
- 46 doctoral candidates working within the doctoral programme for Theology
- 454 members are doctoral candidates at the Faculty of Humanities (approx. 90%).
- 46 members are doctoral candidates at the Faculty of Theology (approx. 10%).
- 154 members do not have German nationality (approx. 31%).
- Gender relation: 194 males ( 39 %) und 306 females (approx. 61 %).
- The doctoral candidates (“Junior Members“) are supervised by 488 “Senior Members“, 262 of which are members of the University of Göttingen (approx. 58 %).
Between 1st April and 30th June 2019, 12 members of the Faculty of Humanities finished their doctorate with the grades (dissertation) summa cum laude (1), magna cum laude (10) and rite (1). In the same period, two members of the Faculty of Theology finished their doctorate with the grades magna cum laude and rite.