Event series on discourse analysis (ZTMK and GSGG)
Winter semester 2019/2020
This winter semester, the Center for Theory of Culture and Society (ZTMK), in cooperation with the GSGG, offers an event series on discourse analysis. Alongside lectures, there will be a workshop with Prof. Dr. Ruth Wodak in January 2020 under the ZTMK’s “Featured-Thinkers”-series. The Austrian philologist is one of the most important representatives of critical discourse analysis.
6th November 2019, 4 PM – 6 PM, GSGG conference room, Friedländer Weg 2
Tilmann Köppe (University of Göttingen, Analytic Literary Theory): „Diskursanalyse in den Literaturwissenschaften. Chancen, Risiken, Nebenwirkungen“ (lecture)
14th January 2020, 6 PM – 8 PM, Adam-von-Trott-Saal, Tagungs- und Veranstaltungshaus “Alte Mensa”, Wilhelmsplatz
Ruth Wodak (Prof. em. of Lancaster University as well as the University of Vienna): “Diskursive Konstruktion nationaler Identitäten” (lecture)
15th January 2020, 10 AM – 1 PM, Hannah-Vogt-Saal, Tagungs- und Veranstaltungshaus “Alte Mensa”, Wilhelmsplatz
„Methodenworkshop Diskursanalyse“ with Ruth Wodak
Call for Papers for the workshop with Ruth Wodak
The workshop offers three PhD students the opportunity to discuss their research projects, which use the method of discourse analysis, with Mrs Wodak. Contentwise, the foundation for the workshop is laid by project descriptions handed in prior to the workshop. Mrs Wodak will engage with every project and discuss methodological questions and questions of theory management with the plenum. Of course, PhD students without papers are equally welcome to attend and discuss. If you would like to attend the workshop with Ruth Wodak, please register at email@example.com.
- Subject: Methodenworkshop Ruth Wodak
- Please state your Name and your course and topic of graduation
- If you want your project to be discussed in the workshop, please attach a description of maximally two pages of your research project, or a sketch of your project, to your registration. This will naturally be treated confidentially and serves only as a means of preparation for the workshop for Mrs Wodak.
- Interested students will be informed about participation in the first half of December.
- Deadline: 25th November 2019